Tuesday, March 4, 2008

11 Planets

So remember how they decided that Pluto was no longer a planet, and that we only have 8 planets in our solar system?? Well, Pluto is back!! Along with Pluto, 2 other "dwarf planets" have been named to be included in our new 11 planet solar system.

Ceres - which was originally thought to be an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter
Eris - an object that is slightly larger than Pluto, and further from the sun.

So now, our solar system has 11 planets:
Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Ceres
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto
Eris

Congratulations to Pluto, my all time second favorite planet, for making it back on the list and bringing it's tiny dwarf friends with it. That's what I like to call "dwarf's revenge". (soon to be listed in the urban dictionary.)

In other news, the term AUTHORITARD has been recently listed in the Urban Dictionary, brought to you by somebody named Obblie Gobblie in Allentown!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

My solar system acronym from elementary school is definitely of no use to me anymore...

My
Very
Educated
Mother
Just
Served
Us
Nine
Pizzas

David Oblas said...

yeah, now you have to resort to the Aladdin version...

My
Very
Exciting
Magic
Carpet
Just
Sailed
Under
Nine
Palace
Elephants

stupid fourth grade girls making mnemonics...

Kristi Yordy said...

Haha, I really like your acronym dave! It's GREAT!!