Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Concrete Canvas

So I was checking out my iGoogle home page earlier today, and I clicked on an optical illusion that was a wall mural... It was pretty neat, so I dug deeper. The deeper digging lead me to Julian Beever's website. This guy is an amazing artist, most of his work being on city sidewalks and streets. He's pretty clever, and I think he had a Coke sponsor for awhile too, because a lot of his drawings show Coke bottles or cans. He's ridiculously creative... here are a few of my favorites...

Here he is sitting on an ice block in the arctic fishing for a whale..


Here he is on the ledge of a burning building about to be saved by batman and robin..


Here he is feeding a real live young child to a huge lobster...


And here he is diving into a pool under a waterfall next to a building on support beams...

Some pretty cool stuff!! He has a lot more on his website, I definitely suggest checking it out!

And for more of his work that's not listed on his website, just use Google Images to search for his name... I already did it for you.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

That guy is so awesome...all those drawings are really cool.