Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Muffin Tops

The other night I was watching Seinfeld on DVD, and I was up to one of my all time favorite episodes - The Muffin Tops (Season 8, originally aired 5/8/97). My favorite scene features Elaine in a bizarre battle of the lungs with a repeat character named Rebecca De Mornay, who works for a homeless shelter. Here is that argument:

Rebecca: Excuse me, I'm Rebecca De Mornay from the homeless shelter.
Elaine: Oh, hi.
Rebecca: Are you the ones leaving the muffing pieces behind our shelter?
Elaine: You've been enjoying them?
Rebecca: They're just stumps!
Elaine: Well they're perfectly edible.
Rebecca: Oh, so you just assume that the homeless will eat them, they'll eat anything?
Mr. Lippman: No no, we just thought...
Rebecca: I know what you thought! They don't have homes, they don't have jobs, what do they need the top of a muffin for? They're lucky to get the stumps.
Elaine: If the homeless don't like them, then the homeless DON'T have to eat them.
Rebecca: The homeless don't like them!
Elaine: Fine!
Rebecca: We've never gotten so many complaints! Every two minutes, "Where is the top of this muffin? Who ate the rest of this?"
Elaine: We were just trying to help!
Rebecca: Why don't you just drop off some chicken skins and lobster shells!
Elaine: I think I might!


Simply classic. Rebecca is the one who also threw George out of a homeless shelter for trying to sell them a "flagged" book from Brentano's book store. Flagged meaning of course that he had it in the bathroom with him. Instant bio-hazard.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up, is because I would LOVE to receive a huge load of muffin stumps! Heck, I love the top of a muffin just as much as the next guy, but the stumps are still pretty darn good! How could someone not like them?? They had to bring in Newman as "the cleaner" to get rid of all the muffin stumps, heck I would have volunteered my muffin consuming services too!!

And then Kramer trying to get rid of them by going to dumps... genius! The guy working the booth at the Jiffy Dump is the same guy who was working the booth at the Jiffy Park (Wig Master 4/4/96), letting hookers turn tricks in the cars in the parking lot.



Top of the Muffin, To YOU!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I'll be sure to give you my stump the next time I get a muffin.